Wednesday, March 3, 2010

SILENT and STILL WAS HE

Animalssheepshear Meet "Cotton". She is the sister of "Lace"... two sheep that lived here at Sweetbriar in years gone by. This Photo was taken in 2003. Our friend, Bruce, was the shearer.

****** Bruce is now in heaven with the Lord ******* LIFE is SHORT

______________________________

Are you feeling naked today? Are you hurting? Has your voice been silenced before the sheerer? Is your body laid out flat before the LORD?

JESUS KNOWS HOW YOU FEEL!

Isaiah 53:6-8

We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
       each of us has turned to his own way;
       and the LORD has laid on Him
       the iniquity of us all.

 He was oppressed and afflicted,
       yet He did not open His mouth;
       He was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
       and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
       so He did not open His mouth.

By oppression and judgment He was taken away.
       And who can speak of His descendants?
       For He was cut off from the land of the living;
       for the transgression of My people He was stricken.

[emphasis added]

John 10:11-16

"I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd who owns the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.

"I am the Good Shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me— just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father—and I lay down My life for the sheep. I  have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to My voice, and there shall be one Flock and one Shepherd.

[emphasis added]

Be still my soul, wait patiently before the LORD, be still my soul... BE STILL!

Holy Father-------

For those who are hurting, feeling naked, silenced and still before You - may we remember when it happened to You. You alone know the pain and suffering of grief, sickness and the devastations of life. May we fall on our faces before You and weep at your feet so that You alone can comfort us. Would you wrap Your nail-pierced hands around us and those we love today?

In Jesus' Name - our Messiah - HaGo'el A'doni!

AMEN and Amen!

 

 

5 comments:

  1. These scriptures are so encouraging to me today. Our family has endured a very long trial with lots of spiritual warfare, but we know God is faithful. So we wait with expectation that the prodigal who is lost and causing so much pain will one day be in the sheep pen with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Sweet Endearing Friend,

    You always always touch to the depths of my heart and soul when I come here. I keep reminding myself of the tremendous amount of pain and suffering He went through for all of us and it makes mine seem like nothing in comparison. Yes Yes Yes may we all fall at His feet crying out to Him amidst our own trials and at the same time loving Him so completely that our hearts could explode with such passion for Him.

    Father you are the only one who can comfort us...the only one who knows and feels all of our pain and suffering that we are enduring for you are walking along side of us and sometimes carrying us through the fires of such desperation. When we feel like there is not much strength to go on, crawling on our hands and knees in a dry and barren land with tear-stained cheeks that feel as hot as coal...there you are comforting us, soothing us and supplying our every need. Yes, Lord, "Would you wrap Your nail-pierced hands around us and those we love today?" I know that I need a fresh anointing, a healing that only you can provide for me, my husband, my sister and many others in our family with. My mind, heart and soul are always open to you Lord and I intercede for the rest of my family members and open them completely up to you for them and I say...Come, Come, Come and fill us to overflowing with your never-ending love, abundant blessings, grace, joy, peace and so much more. Lead the ones who have gone astray in our family back to you Lord for I know deep in their hearts that they love you. Please replace their fears with your gentle peace so that they may be open to your loving arms once again. In Jesus precious name I pray. Amen.

    I love you Stephanie and I thank you again tonight for blessing me here.

    Big Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pictures are precious and the words are deep. Praise God for showing us the depths of His love for us. b

    ReplyDelete
  4. To follow up with all of you.....

    I'm so glad that the SW post blessed you. May that FRESH ANOINTING come!

    Psalm 92:10 in the Darby Translation says:

    But my horn shalt thou exalt like a buffalo's:
    I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

    Note: HORN means STRENGTH so read it with that word in place of horn.
    May He bless you now..............

    {{hugs}} Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. one flock - one shepherd!

    Heart-felt post Stephanie! Thanks to both you and Alleluiabelle for those lovely prayers.

    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete