Friday, January 29, 2010

Walk To Emmaus


_________________________________
________________________
Luke 24:12-20
(New Living Translation)
12 However, Peter jumped up and ran to the tomb to look. Stooping, he peered in and saw the empty linen wrappings; then he went home again, wondering what had happened.
The Walk to Emmaus
13 That same day two of Jesus’ followers were walking to the village of Emmaus, seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 As they walked along they were talking about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things, Jesus Himself suddenly came and began walking with them. 16 But God kept them from recognizing Him.
[emphasis added]
____________________________________________

The above photographed print of
The Walk to Emmaus
was donated by Barbara over at: B His Girl
for the Inside Prayer Room Here at Shepherd's Walk.
My friend Jane, took it to be matted and framed
and this is the finished piece,
all hung in place in the prayer room
to greet those who come to pray here.
Barbara - thank you so much for your thoughtfulness
in sending this special print.
I love the Scripture that tells the story behind the it.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Imagine yourself in their bare feet, walking beside Jesus Himself,
just after the resurrection,
and not even realizing it was Him!
~~~~~~~~~~~
JESUS -
May we know and understand that You walk
beside us each and every day as we trust You with our very lives.
May we be as excited to tell others of Your love and all that
surrounds the Cross and Your resurrection to new life!
Thank You for giving us new life - Life Eternal!

4 comments:

  1. My Dear Friend,

    The picture is so beautiful...yes I can just imagine myself in their bare feet, walking beside Jesus...I can feel Him ever so close right now...so close that I can feel the wisp of His garment beside me and the brush of His cheek gently across mine...yes ever so close He surely is and always will be.

    Thank you for bringing me to such a sweet place of comfort, rest and refreshment tonight and thank you for posting my sister's prayer button here. Prayer is so vitally important in my life and having her button here lets me know along that she is being prayed for by many loving souls here on this earth.

    Love you precious friend.

    Big Hugs,
    Alleluiabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the picture as well - she sent it to me about a year ago and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. So glad you have it in the prayer room. May it speak to all who visit. B

    ReplyDelete