Wednesday, June 24, 2009

THE LIFE LOOK

From The Valley of Vision
A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions

O, GOD,
I bless Thee for the happy moment
when I first say Thy law fulfilled in Christ,
wrath appeased, death destroyed, sin forgiven,
my soul saved.
Ever since, Thou hast been faithful to me:
daily have I proved the power of Jesus' blood,
daily have I known the strength of the Spirit,
my Teacher, Director, Sanctifier.
I want no other Rock to build upon that that I have,
desire no other hope than that of the gospel truth,
need no other look than that which gazes
on the cross.
Forgive me if I have tried to add anything
to the one foundation,
if I have unconsciously relied upon my knowledge,
experience, deeds, and not seen them
as filthy rags,
if I have attempted to complete what is perfect
in Christ;
May my cry be always , Only Jesus! Only Jesus!
In Him is freedom from condemnation,
fullness in His righteousness,
eternal valitity in His given life,
indissoluble union in fellowship with Him;
In Him I have all that I can hold;
enlarge me to take in more.
If I backslide,
let me like Peter week bitterly and return to Him;
If I am tempted, have no wit,
give me strength enough to trust in Him;
If I am weak,
may I faint upon His bosom of eternal love;
If in extremity,
let me feel that He can deliver me;
If driven to the verge of hope and to the pit
of despair,
grant me grace to fall into His arms.
O God, hear me, do for me more
than I ask, think or dream.

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment